Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Storm

No work today. The office closed early this morning due to power outages widespread across werstern kentucky. The freezing rain started around 9pm last night and continued throughout the night and morning hours. Now, when we step outside, about every 10 seconds we can hear trees snapping from the weight of the ice. I was half asleep this morning when I stepped outside and thought I was hearing gunshots.

Our power is still on, but if we lose it, we have plenty of flashlights and candles. We also have a kerosene heater that is half full. I'm going to post some pics when it gets lighter outside but all you can see is a coating of ice that covers everything.

News reports are claiming that thousands in Marshall County are without electricity, but I think that's an exaggeration.

No comments: